Saturday, May 12, 2007

Samus Aran

It's Samus! Sorry for the sporadic posts. Work has taken over lately. This was inked with a Sharpie on paper, then scanned, reduced to pure black and white, and colored in Photoshop.

I was tired of the uneven lines of my digital inks. I obviously need practice. And, as this picture shows, I also need some schooling on drawing 3d forms and shading them to give them better volume. But I really like how the tone of the colors came out in this one.

Sorry for the rushed background. Beats a gray background, I suppose.

1 comment:

Riley said...

Wow, I'd love to know how you got the shading in the colors in photoshop. Using a gradient layer I guess? For someone who does almost nothing with photoshop but work on photographs, that kind of stuff fascinates me. I always *knew* I was only using about 6% of the damned program.

RAV