Sunday, October 14, 2007

Wizards and Clerics

Finally managed to muster up a sketch that didn't make me vomit. A couple, in fact. These are really hastily done, but I like the designs more than the execution. I hope to clean them up or re-do them in full color soon.

I had an idea to revisit a drawing I did probably 10 years ago, in High School. The drawing featured three characters, a Paladin, a Wizard and a Cleric, facing off against a dragon-y thing.

So the first step is to update those old characters. It had been so long that I almost forgot their names!

First, the Cleric, Danter:



I really tried to play up his robes. I almost always drawing Clerics or Wizards with plain, boring robes. I think it would be quite the opposite in real life, and that they would wear robes adorned in lots of hand-sewn details that each meant something to their faith or practice. I imagine his robe to be white, but the trim to be red and gold.

And here's Myrxus, the Elemental Wizard:



Again, I paid attention to the details. I imagine his robe to be all the colors of twilight, dark blues, purples, sapphire and hints of deep crimson reds and burnt oranges.

No comments: