Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Samus Aran

Here's a somewhat-chibi take on Samus Aran.

Just a quick doodle I did while wtching the news which I scanned and inked in Photoshop. I definitely like the design, and want to turn it into a full image.

For those not in the know, Samus Aran is the lead character of the Metroid video games. The fact that she is a female was kept from gamers unless they were able to beat the original game in a short-enough amount of time. Now, Samus is a staple of the video game menagerie, and is probably the most famous female game character.

Click for the larger size, and definitely submit your comments.

EDIT: I got a comment that Samus' neck looks way too long, and I agree. Here is a quick edit to put her more in proportion. I'm going to color it this weekend, hopefully.

No comments: