Monday, April 16, 2007

New Digs

I have come up with a template I think works. I like the little pixel city-scape. I couldn't think of anything to put in the header graphic-wise, so I whipped that up.

The purpose of this blog is to give myself a metric to measure myself against. It will be a dumping ground for sketches, game ideas, and other creative precipitation. I'm usually my worst critic, but I'm not a great self-motivator to get better. I'm hoping by exposing my ideas and art on a regular basis, I'll have a) a reason to sketch, practice, and flesh out ideas and b) a nice record of my progress as an artist, or lack thereof.

I'm hoping for at least 2 new sketches a week, ideally working up to 4 or 5 per week. They'll be anything from 15-minute speed sketches, or stuff that took 4 hours to complete.

I'll also spill out some of my ideas and pratfalls when it comes to making indie games.

1 comment:

Riley said...

I really like the pixelated cityscape. One thing you might consider, what with your name and all, is partially destroying the cityscape, either through natural disaster or a king kong or godzilla type attack. Pixel doom! Great work, bro!