Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Megaman 2 Homage, or, Megaman 3 Homage gets a buddy

Well, I am going to bed way past my bedtime, but this is the result of two evenings' work:


















Click to make bigger, etc.

It's a painting of the first Dr. Wily Castle boss from Megaman 2. That dragon scared the crap out of me as a kid, the way he came out of nowhere while you were making very precarious jumps through the end of the level. He is badass for taking up just about half the screen, and for being one of the most detailed NES sprites ever. I will post the reference screen shot later for those not in the know.

I like this one a bit better than the Snake Man one. I'm not perfectly happy with the dragon, but I figure I had to end the madness. It was taxing.

I might continue the Megaman trend and do the Yellow Devil from Megaman 1 next.

3 comments:

Riley said...

I especially like how you were able to create the shafts of light giving the scene a nice mood. Don't know how on earth you do that.

Jacob said...

I just used a 0% hardness paintbrush and drew in the shafts on a separate layer, then I reduced the layer opacity to 10% or so.

Anonymous said...

[B]NZBsRus.com[/B]
Lose Crawling Downloads With NZB Downloads You Can Hastily Search HD Movies, Console Games, Music, Applications & Download Them @ Flying Speeds

[URL=http://www.nzbsrus.com][B]Usenet Search[/B][/URL]