Monday, June 23, 2008

Megaman 3 Homage

Well, it's been a LONG time since I've made a post. Hope you like it:

Definitely click for the full version. In total, this took about 6 hours in photoshop. I would like to make a whole series of NES scene-recreations and print them out to adorn my office. It is great practice and gives me an excuse to apply my style on reference material that is low-res and abstract enough to give me suitable creative license.



Any suggestions for scenes? A few I have thought of:

  1. The dragon-boss from Megaman 2 (Dr. Wily Stage 1)
  2. Zero-Suit Samus in the original Metroid (probably somewhere colorful like Kraid's hideout (the green section) or Ridley's hideout (the pink sections)
  3. Air Fortress (any scene in the exploratory sections)
Leave your ideas in the comments!

1 comment:

Riley said...

Very well done. I especially love the expression on Megaman's face. For additional scenes, you have to do something from one of the Zelda games--don't know which one, maybe a scene from Link to the Past? I'd also love to see a line up from the original FF, just a line up of a possible team. What about a closeup of a golden slime from the original Dragon Warrior? Just a few thoughts. What about a 3-D picture from PacMan's perspective? Okay, I'm done now.